• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

international shopping and xbox rewards

Mutt13y

Ok need some help
I'm an international traveller and recently just came back from a tour of the orient ☺
I've purchased all the five games required for the current reward.
Do international purchases count or not?
Thanks

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
No they do not. They only count for games bought in the original region of your account i.e. UK. The Xbox rewards program is a sham and you shouldn't bother using it. It's a slap in the face to gamers.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
I'm sorry how is it a sham and a slap in the face gamers?

Granted it does not give great rewards but not exactly a slap in the face or am I missing something ?

I got £12 in credit the other month for free....

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
I'm sorry how is it a sham and a slap in the face gamers?

Granted it does not give great rewards but not exactly a slap in the face or am I missing something ?

I got £12 in credit the other month for free....

Foreign region purchases don't count. You're still buying the game, why shouldn't you get rewards for it?

King Tones

Distinguished Member
You cant really complain that you've not got something retrospectively. Unless you were promised it.

I'm not a fan when they do reward promotions a few weeks or months after a game has gone up on Pre-Order as there was one for Halo recently and I had already purchased it from UK region but there was nothing stopping me from holding off.

If you are a Gold Member and buy from the UK then it makes sense to be signed up as you get a rebate each month.

Certainly not a sham or slap in the face.

Yes the rewards could be better but you will always have that.

Mutt13y

OK thats clarified...
Just saw the recent reward and thought i own all of them so why no reward points...
Thanks for the help guys

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom