1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

International shipping

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Chrissywis, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Chrissywis

Chrissywis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have any experience of shipping packages overseas ? What is the cheapest method ? Any good internet sites ? etc. I would appreciate any advice.
    Cheers,
    Chris.

2. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,203
    i wouldn't really know about the cheapest, but i have used the post Office which was pretty cheap. including insurance, and recorded delivery it cost me £13 to send something to America. (this was a mobile) so it really depends on how big the packagae is you intend on sending, as i know the post office have a limit on how big the item is.

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It would help if you said what the item is and whether you are looking to send it or recieve it. :)

If it is not too large/heavy then you can send it "Small Packet" rate with the post office which I always find to be the most cost effective. Takes about 5 days to get to the US. You are not allowed to send any correspondence this way (they will as you if there is a letter inside - just say no, as they never check.)

4. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,613
    Parcel2go do international now , and I've seen mention of Pharos International on the DVDForums . Never used either of them for International tho'
    JS

5. Chrissywis

Chrissywis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking at sending a pair of monoblock power amps. They weigh 16Kg each and would need about £600 insurance.

6. Dr Diversity

Dr Diversity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go UPS or a similar professional carrier. When you wrap them make the assumption that the parcel is going to be kicked all the way to its destination and you will be OK