International Power Supplies

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by maj74, Jul 24, 2002.

1. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I'm about to recieve a Sharp XV-Z9000U projector (yes, the US model) here in the UK (second-hand, nearly new).

I know the power supply states it is international (110-240V AC)

Can I just plug in the mains cable and go, or do I need to flip a switch somewhere? I REALLy don't want to blow it up
    :D

Any help will be warmly appreciated,

Thanks

Martin

2. Bonzer Belle

Bonzer Belle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure you'll find a pdf users manual for the sharp on their website. I have the Marantz projector with the "global" power supply. All I did was bin the US plugged cable (it had "110V" printed it's entire length), and replaced it with a UK cable, plugged it in, took a deep breath, and switched it on.......with no problems. Go to the Sharp site and download the manual to be sure.

3. Bonzer Belle

Bonzer Belle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not a computer person at all, but I've tried to attach a picture of the rear of the Sharp. I think this indicates pretty clearly that there is no "selection switch". I might be wrong here, but as I recall, the US version is 110V only. You may have gotten yourself a Japanese market model which sports both 110V and 240V which has been previously sold in the States.

Attached Files:

4. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    The picture you've submitted seems to indicate 110 - 240 volts!!!!

5. Bonzer Belle

Bonzer Belle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes it does, but it's the back of a japanese market model.....not a US one. As I say, I may well be wrong as you say that you're getting a "U" model (definitely US), and that you know it to be 110V or 240V. That being the case, if the rear panel is the same as the one I posted, I don't think you have anything to worry about.........but please be on the safe side.......buy a UK spec ready made cable.....don't cut off the American mains plug and stick on a British one yourself.