International calls and texts.......

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by yorkshiresfunky, Mar 19, 2006.

1. yorkshiresfunky

yorkshiresfunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey any advice out there !.....I'm currently signed up with Vodafone, with all there extras for cheaper international calls, vodafone passport etc....but still getting hammered on my charges.

Does anyone know if any of the mobile companies include sending texts from the UK to international mobile numbers in there monthly / PAYG packages ???....I know that Vodafone don't !!!!...AND ITS HURTING !!!!

I've seen from other forums that O2, Orange and VIrgin I think will allow use of 0870 and 0844 numbers for cheap International calls that come out of your monthly packages....therefore making it free. Again Vodafone don't....

2. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    I don't think any network allows international text messages to me taken out of your SMS bundle, I know O2 charge you for each one, but think of it like this it's cheaper to call a Mobile in the USA than one in the UK on orange, and also on O2 if you take out the USA/Canada Calling plan, only 9P a minute O2 or 15P a minute Orange regardless of calling a mobile or landline...

3. yorkshiresfunky

yorkshiresfunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks meansizzler....that's sort of what I thought, Time to get an O2 mobile as well then ! cheers...