Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Internal signal leakage?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by No-One, Nov 27, 2004.

1. No-One

No-One

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    When I've watching a DVD I can see a faint outline of something else in the picture (more noticeable in RGB mode). Last night I paused the DVD and I could make out faint writing. It was obvious from being able to pic out a few words that it was a commercial. Then I started to experiment. Firstly I turned the DVD player off. The tv then reverted to the previous channel it was on. Lo and behold, it was an advert break on Channel 4. The only way I could find to get rid of the problem to some degree was to tune a preset into static, then turn the DVD player on. But this also created a new problem. It seemed that the static was leaking over too which gave the DVD picture a faint grainy look to it.

Has anyone come across this before? Is it due to something that I can fix by moving equipment around or is this an internal problem with the tv?

The tv is a 5 yr old JVC AV-24WT2EK

2. HuwieHex

HuwieHex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It may well be that the Scart connecting the TV to the DVD player has seen better days. Replace it with a new one of good quality.

3. No-One

No-One

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Already have done. The old one had a dodgy connection on the blue pin. Changed it which cured that problem but not this one.