1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internal signal leakage?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by No-One, Nov 27, 2004.

1. No-One

No-One

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    When I've watching a DVD I can see a faint outline of something else in the picture (more noticeable in RGB mode). Last night I paused the DVD and I could make out faint writing. It was obvious from being able to pic out a few words that it was a commercial. Then I started to experiment. Firstly I turned the DVD player off. The tv then reverted to the previous channel it was on. Lo and behold, it was an advert break on Channel 4. The only way I could find to get rid of the problem to some degree was to tune a preset into static, then turn the DVD player on. But this also created a new problem. It seemed that the static was leaking over too which gave the DVD picture a faint grainy look to it.

Has anyone come across this before? Is it due to something that I can fix by moving equipment around or is this an internal problem with the tv?

The tv is a 5 yr old JVC AV-24WT2EK

2. HuwieHex

HuwieHex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It may well be that the Scart connecting the TV to the DVD player has seen better days. Replace it with a new one of good quality.

3. No-One

No-One

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Already have done. The old one had a dodgy connection on the blue pin. Changed it which cured that problem but not this one.