Internal HDD for the DM800??

PAUL7331

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Can I basically purchase ANY internal HDD as long as it's SATA and 2.5''????

Or do I need to purchase a particular model etc etc??

I just want one that will be easy to install and run smootly without making my original dm800 too hot etc!

Any ideas on which one I should go for?

I am using a 4200rpm 160 gig hard drive that came in my Toshiba Laptop. Think it might be a Fujitsu model and it is sata. My thinking is the slower the rpm the less heat will be generated ? The drive works fine for both playback and recording.

any 2.5" SATA should work. Cant remember what I originally bought for mine but I made sure it was an energy saving one that's got some technology to also run quietly too which I am sure most manufacturers offer these days

I just want one that will be easy to install and run smootly without making my original dm800 too hot etc!

Hows the DM going mate?

How you finding it?

Thanks guys. I'll try and get me a 'low power consuming' one then me thinks.

Yes, dm800 is fine at the moment thanks lads, does everything it says on the tin!:smashin:

Oh and another thing, I wont have to RE-FLASH image will I once ive installed this?

By the way im currently DUAL BOOTING different images via a USB keyring... will me fitting a HDD internally affect this?

Do you mean your using Barry Allen?

How hot does the dm800 get ? looks like its a tight fit with a hdd inside,i can remember that my dm500 used to get hot ( no hardrive of course),no where near has hot as my tm9100:eek:.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom