Internal Affairs Remake (TBC)

Drax1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Excellent 90s cop thriller Internal Affairs, which saw Andy Garcia and Richard Gere (one of this best roles) face off, is set for a remake. Paramount is developing the project with Todd Garner producing. Can't say it feels necessary, and I certainly can't see Garcia and Gere's fantastic performances / chemistry being bested.

1573591527073.png

Just no

I thought the title of this thread said "Infernal Affairs", and I was about to go nuts :laugh:

This was a good film back in the day, and Gere's actually a very good actor.

I thought the title of this thread said "Infernal Affairs", and I was about to go nuts :laugh:

This was a good film back in the day, and Gere's actually a very good actor.

Im not sure I've seen the title film with Richard Gere ...

Same on thinking it was "Infernal Affairs" :D

We already had the remake of Infernal Affairs in Scorsese's The Departed

I like Internal Affairs but, I might be remembering this wrong, I'm sure when they showed it on Moviedrome in the 90's the intro said about how the film was pretty much taken off Mike Figgis in post production and re-edited by the studio into the film we have, which I don't have a problem with because it's a decent film, but in that context I don't have a problem with a remake personally seeing as the original is a remake of itself by the suits anyway.
Even if I've remembered that wrong I'm not bothered if they remake it. It's a decent story and another version of it isn't going to have any effect on the original whether it turns out good or bad

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom