Intermittently unable to receive certain channels on Sky+

peterirving

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have both HD and Sky+ in different rooms (multi-room), both boxes under warranty from Sky (Sky+ installed March 2007, and Sky HD installed July 2007.

Problem is that I am unable to receive all channels on the Sky+ box (no problem on HD box which uses same dish). BBC, ITV ,Sports channels, Movies, etc no problem - I can always receive them. Problem arises with more "obscure" channels, e.g. certain of religious channels, when I can sometime receive them (say 50% of the time) but other times not (I just get no picture and distorted sound). Sky installer who installed HD, looked at Sky+ problem, said it was the box, he did not have a spare with him (!!!), said I should keep trying and if it was repeated get new box. A sky engineer is coming next week but, being intermittent, the fault might not be apparent then. Is it likely to be the box (a simple operation to change one box for a new one), or could it be the cables running between the dish and the box?

Looks like I am going to have to wait until next week when Sky Engineer calls as no-one appears able to shed any new light beyond that provided by the last Sky HD installer on the likely cause of this problem. :)

I have been getting this since the end of last week, some of the lesser music and kids channels mainly. I am guessing from the fact my Sky + box had reset 2 mornings in a row that some sort of update occured overnight.. some of the kids channels changed number too ( why do that have to do that)

Speaking to the chap next to me at work he has the same happening with his Sky HD box too....

Also saw a sky engineer out at the weekend visiting 3 neighbours over the road adjusting their dishes..

Hmmm.....

Also my sky + box is in standby every morning now.... part of the update I wonder?

Also my sky + box is in standby every morning now.... part of the update I wonder?

Yes, I would say so.

I just had a new Pace V3 installed yesterday, and the engineer said that the box will go into standby if no remote signals are received after 22:00 for a period of 2 hrs or so. (I'm quoting here) :rolleyes:

Kev

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom