• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Intermittent Wireless issues

sweevo

Established Member
Been trying to play Mario Kart online and use BBC iPLayer on my Wii. I connect initially with no problems but from anything between 5 minutes and an hour the connection fails.

I've tried running a long network cable into the lounge so the Wii was only approx 3m away from the router but the stability was just the same.

Was thinking of buying a new wireless router but thought i'd post on here before I did just in case these kind of problems are the norm. My BB connection is 10Mb (confirmed with speedtest) so there should be enough bandwith for these two uses.

sweevo

Established Member
Just a quick update in case anyone else hits the same problems. I got onto Virgin saying I wanted to go wireless (router I had was one I bought a couple of years ago for work) and asked for a wireless router. At first they wanted 60 quid but then when I rung around and called them back saying I was prepared to move they said they'd ship me one if I covered the postage costs ! Two days later I recieved a wireless N router (D-LINK DIR-615) and tested it for 3 hours solid last night. Not a single loss of connection ! :thumbsup:

The Belkin G Router will be going in the bin.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom