• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Intermittent "popping" noise coming through speakers

SpartanIE

Standard Member
I bought myself a Sony STR-DA2400ESB and Harman Kardon HKTS7 speakers. I have a sony blu ray player, a 360 and a virgin box hooked up to it. 2 HDMI connections and a digital optical. I didn't pay much attention to this at first presuming it was something on screen but as a test I turned off the TV, 360, blu ray player and virgin box and still this popping noise has continued, 7/8 times in an hour. It has already been sent back once but they looked for the wrong problem :rolleyes:. Its going back again on Friday but I was wondering if anyone has any idea what this might be?

Thanks

Niall

Last edited:

bluedroog

Not sure what it is but I've heard the same problem with my mums system. We both bought the same Arcam amp and CD player but I B&W speakers and she had Ruark Icons. They made the popping noise you describe and have done ever since. Doesn't seem to bother the old dear but I couldn't put up with hearing that all the time.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom