Intermittent Picture Jerking

Jaizan

Novice Member
I had some problems with the TV picture, so installed a new TV aerial a couple of months ago.

All was well, until during the England v Denmark game, there was some jerkiness in the picture for the first few minutes of extra time. Otherwise, no problem.
The problem was almost like it was missing frames.

I know that's not a national issue, as some other people watching the game said their signal was OK.

I've not had any other problems with it.

Now one thing that's difficult to solve is very intermittent problems. Does anyone know of a good resource providing guidance on such matters ?

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
First thing to do is check the reported signal strength a quality readings for the multiplex of channels frequency containing the problem station...

That may give a clue. Too much signal can give similar symptoms to too little.

Next is to ensure all connections are tight and well made. Interference usually gets in via weak spots and connections are the major culprit.

Note that not all BBC ONEs and all ITVs are the same. Even if all from the same OB source there are other places that things can go wrong and only affect a proportion of the poulation.

So it also matters which TV station, variant, and transmitter group you are watching. An approximate location would help with that.

But if this was a 'one off' then it'll be impossible to discover exactly why and what caused it. There are probably more important things to worry about.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom