1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

intermittent bbc & itv picture breakup

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by robbie b, Mar 8, 2005.

1. robbie b

robbie b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I have a Panasonic DSB50 and everynow & again I am unable to watch bbc & itv channels the picture goes all blocky with audio dropouts until it freezes completely. Powering off & back on again doesn't improve anything. All other channels are fine.

I've read somewher before that Panasonic DSB3* boxes have problems with bbc & itv but I presumed this would have been fixed on the new models or is it a problem with the broadcaster ?

Any one else have similar problems ?

Thanks

Rob

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I would double check your cabling. Make sure it is 75 Ohm co-axial cable. Also if you are using a proper roof aerial make sure it is OK. Or if you are usig a portable one go for a proper one just encase reception is poor.

3. tgl

tgl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I had the same problem with a Philips DVR500/05. The only thing is that I have a newly installed wideband freeview aerial installed by a reputable aerial installer, and the signal test menu option showed I had excellent reception. I have now ditched that box for an Echostar which has a picture that is rock solid. Other boxes I have tested with the aim to get a solid picture is a friends Sony, a Thomson 2300, and a Nokia 221T Mediamaster. Out of all of them, the Sony and the Echostar were the best for my aerial configuration and location. I'm based in the Slough area.

Perhaps you have the same problem...just a box that isn't up to scratch.

4. robbie b

robbie b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses - I should have mentioned in my original post that it is a sky box not freeview.