Question interlacing artefacts just appeared ?

jont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was watching some Sky recordings last night and these artefacts appeared ? ... weren't there previously - on all SKY recordings and live tv so guess it's either SKY box, Lumagen, projector or cables ...

the artefacts are regularly spaced so makes me think it's signal/cable related rather ? ... anything obvious from your experience @Gordon @ Convergent AV ?

TIA

IMG_0613.png IMG_0610.png IMG_0611.png IMG_0612.png

I used to get this on my previous Mini3D. Turning it off and back on usually solved it. Mine died eventually, but that was possibly down to me unplugging a HDMI cable with it on.

I've had exactly this on my XS also. As Kelvin says, powering off/on seems to fix it. For some reason I only get it on one input, so it may be cable or source related.

I'd be very surprised if that was cable related.. vertical stripes are very far apart in the signal in HDMI (as the image is passed line by line) so for a glitch to appear in the same place on each picture line is... lottery ticket time.

You can enable game mode in the Lumagen which bypasses one of the chips that the video signal would be de-interlaced by (the Gennum VXP if I recall). Might be an interesting test.

It isn't a straightforward de-interlacing fail as you wouldn't expect it to be in vertical bands - you'd have "feathering" of all diagonal edges.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom