1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interior Design CAD

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by richjthorpe, Apr 13, 2005.

1. richjthorpe

Aug 2, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    dat london
    Hi all,

As one of my birthday presents, my wife got me an Interior Design CAD program (Visual Home Deluxe www.focusmm.co.uk) that allows you to build your home including walls, doors, sofas and a whole load of things. Pretty nifty. I was more surprised when using it than I was when I opened the present (I suppose you could read that as confused when I opened the present).

Anyway, although being really easy to use, it's a bit outdated. The minimum requirements are a Pentium 75 with 8mb RAM and highest res is 640x480 using 256 colours. This kind of res isn't very good for textures and detail - the leather sofa looks like a pixelated box in the corner !

Does anyone know another piece of software along the lines of this package that utilises a higher res and more colours (Maybe 16.7million colours) ? I took a look at blend3d but I haven't really got time to start learning something that difficult (For example, after only 2 hours I had our house floorplan modelled and the lounge interior complete).

Also, I don't particularly want to pay the earth for it :)

Suggestions ?

2. hatcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I used MyHouse 7.0, link and small examples on my site (follow the link in the sig below).

It worked really well for the larger scale build (walls, stairs, roofs etc.) and the final renderings looked excellent (I think). I didn't try if for furniture but it does have that option. It was cheap - to download full version was about £20 - and there's a 'no save' evaluation version to try for free.

It's not bad to use. It's a bit clunky and does sometimes crash (but then I've heard that about many of this kind of product) so I'd recommend regular saves.