1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interim upgrade

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Black 5, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm interested in some general guidance from anyone who's done or is about to do something similar. I'm presently using a Sony VW10 (with pictures from a DVD32R with the progressive scan module) that I've had for a few years (on my 3rd lamp!) that has been SMART calibrated with a red filter attached and, apart from the obvious lack of deep black, I have to say I've always been very happy with the picture quality. Screen is 8ft wide and I watch in a light controlled room.

I'm looking at the improvements being made in the DLP area and think I would like to go for a top model at some point, but not for a couple of years until prices become a bit more sensible or when I can otherwise afford it.

However, I wondered whether any of the less expensive DLP projectors now available may be a good interim choice and represent a significant enough improvement over the Sony to make the effort worthwhile. Anyone any views or in the same boat? Reliable demos over here are impossible.

2. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    to the top