1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intergrated TV advice please

Discussion in 'TVs' started by clanline, Jul 5, 2005.

1. clanline

clanline
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am replacing my old Tv with a new 28 in widescreen and am a bit unsure whether to get an IDTV intergrated set or stick to separates (have a JVC set top box)
    I was told that if the freeview in an intergrated set goes wrong the whole TV will have to go back and on the other hand have been told that the picture is better with intergrated and it frees up a scart socket.
    HELP! : : : :

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Good points are slightly better picture quality with good TVs, easier to use, one remote in use, and saves an RGB Scart.

Sony are a good make especially their 50Hz IDTVs

3. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you already have a freeview box, get an IDTV. You will then have fewer remote controls around and can watch one FV channel while recording another.

I would not recomment an IDTV only (i.e. no separate FV box) since generally you can only record in composite and have to leave the television on standby if you want to record something while you're away for the weekend.

As for returning the whole TV if it goes wrong - rubbish if you have a halfway decent engineer. The digital side of my IDTV (Toshiba) went wrong and the engineer ordered a new digital board, took the back off the TV and plugged it in. Simple as that.

4. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The combination of an IDTV and a Freeview PVR for recording is a great one. You can always move your existing Freeview box to another TV (or sell it!)

I'd also recommend Sony IDTVs for picture quality, good EPGs and general ease of use.