1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intergrated Amplifiers With DVD

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by suran, Aug 4, 2003.

1. suran

suran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is your opinon on the above subject. Would any of you recommmend purchasing amplifers or receivers that come with built in dvd players. What are the many advantages and disadvantages. I personally think its a waste, because i've heard that most dvd intergrated amps do not provide the full sound quailty of separates.

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Sound quality is certainly more "restricted" on a general basis with the All in One's, but at the end of the day, they are effectively a compromise for individuals who have neither the room, or the desire to go down the separates route.

The only other real limitation with All in One's, is the fact that they restrict the number of sources you can connect up to them. If you're looking for a replacement stereo, then you're unlikely to find a "DAV" style unit that will accept TV, MD, Tape, LP, Video... the list goes on.

I don't think it's fair to say that all units like these are "a waste" - some have a damn good stab at what they do, but if youre into the "audiophile", or enthusiast arena, then they may not be for you :)

K.