interference with bbc

macloon

Standard Member
about 6 months ago i started getting troube with interference on my bbc freeview channels. It started with just the occasional bloc pause of a picture but gradually got worse and worse untill there was no picture. I got an arieal man in and he said a new areial was needed and an amplifier too for the cost of £250 including labour. So new areial was installed and picture was improved. However after around 2 months the picture started to do exactly the same thing again, so called the areial man back and he adjusted the amplifier which worked for a bit but now whenever the weather is slightly bad there is interference again. It only happens on bbc channels, does anyone know whats going on? Ive lost faith in the areial man as he has no idea what to suggest to do, any help would be much appreciated

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Where are you?
What aerial / amplifier has been supplied? (Invoice?)
Where is it (e.g room, loft, bungalow roof)?
What transmitter does it point to?
Are there tall trees, hills, tidal water or suchlike between your aerial and the transmitter?

TBH if under guarantee (and it should be) you need to keep on at the installer... and/or his trade association: Aerial installers and satellite engineers - Confederation of Aerial Industries or Digital TV - Registered Digital Aerial Installers are examples.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom