• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

interference on toshiba 42x3030

sandpaper

Standard Member
Hi Folks
have been watching this site for some time (actually bought my 42x3030 because of this site) but have only just joined, thanks to everyone for the time they have put in i would have been lost otherwise.
i have a bit of problem, i do not have any freeview coverage infact i dont have any terrestial tv( sky +sd) which im happy with. But i have really bad interference on my dvd player plugged into scart ext 1 and on scart 2(sky+ but not as bad) figured out what it was last night (have only had tv few weeks).
The dvt auto tuner set menu when i look carefully on a black background on ext 1(dvd) there it is scrolling across the screen causing the interference. I have both ext 1 and ext 2 set to dvt on the menu because on avt the picture is no where near as clear but there no interference when the inputs are set to avt( could some one explain to me the difference between the 2 as i thought the signals that come through the scart leads are analouge). Is there anyone else with this problem or is there a fault with my tv.
After checking this site i relise i should have the skybox plugged into ext 1 as only this is rgb enabled and i will try this tonight but i dont know if this will make any difference as its the dvd thats the worst ( plugged into ext 1 at mo).
Thing is if i could get past the set up menu on the dvt i reckon this might solve the interference but i cant once the tv cant find any channels it reverts straight back the factory auto default menu and of course because of this, i cant get into normal menu functions( ie to turn off the dvt tuner amp as per manual problem solving guide.
If someone could help me guys id be really gratefull.
perhaps theres a way to turn of auto set up.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom