Interference on some channels

howardg

Standard Member
Not sure where to post this as the source/cause of interference may be one of three areas.

I have a Panasonic 40 Skybox connected to a Sony RDR-HXD890 DVD Recorder (via TV to AV1) and a Sony KDF-50E210 TV (via AV2 to AV1). The interconnect between the Skybox and DVDR a QED Squart 21).

Most of the channels on Sky rarely break up. However some channels such as Cartoon Network break up all the time. So I tried to see if all connections were sound. When I removed the Squart from the back of the Skybox, the break up stopped.

Any ideas about the source of the problem.

Thanks

Stevenage Neil

Could you clarify which AV2's, AV2's you are talking about?

I read it as you have your Sky box connected by the TV Scart on the digibox to AV1 on your DVDR, and your TV AV1 connected to the DVDR AV2. You have no direct connection between the Sky box and your TV. Correct?

Neil

howardg

Standard Member
Many thans for your replies. The interference is picture & sound break up/pixelisation.

The Sky box is connected to the TV by scart (Skybox AV2 out to TV AV1). The Sky box is also connected to the DVDR via AV1 from Sky box to AV1 in on DVDR. The DVDR is connected to the TV via HDMI - I have read that HDMI can cause problems of picure break up with Freeview so I will investigate this as well - I have a good quality HDMI cable.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom