Interference on Picture from Sky Box

scooby do

Just installed a 57 inch RearPro at my sisters. The previous tv was a 32 inch widescreen (thomson) that probably was not large enough/of enough quality to show up the problem I am seeing. I am seeing a scrolling image of diagonal lines that that are scrolling very slowly from the top right to bottom left then it will change to bottom left to top right. Particulary during dark scenes. I am not seeing the same effect on the DVD (that is connected by component rather than scart). Anyone any ideas in hear before posting in the TV section. Have tried more than 1 scart lead.

PS box is also a thomson I think, and there even without any RF connections.

FRANTIC FRANC

Just installed a 57 inch RearPro at my sisters. The previous tv was a 32 inch widescreen (thomson) that probably was not large enough/of enough quality to show up the problem I am seeing. I am seeing a scrolling image of diagonal lines that that are scrolling very slowly from the top right to bottom left then it will change to bottom left to top right. Particulary during dark scenes. I am not seeing the same effect on the DVD (that is connected by component rather than scart). Anyone any ideas in hear before posting in the TV section. Have tried more than 1 scart lead.

PS box is also a thomson I think, and there even without any RF connections.

Check the picture output in the menu and change the signal between PAL and RGB and see if there is any difference.

Cheers, Franc

scooby do

Is already set to RGB and you can see picture degradation when set to PAL so that is working. The box is a strange one, it kind of has an ipod type of button arrangement on top of it.

FRANTIC FRANC

Is already set to RGB and you can see picture degradation when set to PAL so that is working. The box is a strange one, it kind of has an ipod type of button arrangement on top of it.

Try removing the aerial from the system just in case there is interference on the RF.

Cheers, Franc

scooby do

Already tried without RF. I will get them to try the DVD into the same scart socket on the TV. Had a quick google around and did find someone else complaining of the quality on the thomson box and even mentioned scrolling lines!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom