Interference on Freeview

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Lizzybif, May 8, 2005.

1. Lizzybif

Lizzybif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I have a Humax box and am getting interference in the form of wavy diagonal lines (only on Freeview).
    I contacted the electrician who installed it for me and he said it sounds like the cables need dressed.

However, I noticed today that on Ext 2 the picture is perfect( I usually watch Freeview on Channel 5 as this is what it was tuned into) and the sound is even better. Why would this be and can I record from this channel?
    The 'video channel' is Ext1 and I don't get a good recording on this.
    At the moment the Scart lead from the box is connected to the TV.
    I was going to connect it to the VCR but it hasn't got an RGB input so I thought I would lose picture quality?
    The only options for recording apart from the usual channels are L1, L2, F-1 and S-1 (I'll have to double check on the last two!)

Also, is it possible to fit another Freeview box (different model) so I can record on one and watch a different Freeview channel on the other?

Thanks!

Liz

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    If you are watching freeview tuned into channel 5 then you are watching it via your aerial cable, so it may pick up interferrance from other products along the way.
    Watching it through EXT1/EXT2 - you are watching via your scart leads, which use a better connection and go direct into TV so it is better all round.
    Nigel

3. Lizzybif

Lizzybif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Hi Nigel

I thought that!

Would you be kind enough to go to my post headed 'Aerial Problem' under Televisions as someone replied to me there and I got onto this subject and maybe you could help answer the question I just posted? :lease:

Thanks!

Liz