Interference lines on TV ?

SimonSays

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't know if any of you knowledgable folks can help me out here ?
When watching TV I can see rolling diagonal lines accross the screen . If I switch on the Video player they go away for a short time but then return. Similarly if I switch it off again they disappear temporarily.
I have got other kit attached to the TV too - Denon 3300 amp, DVD player, all via scart (Panasonic PF10 has 3 rear scarts)
Any ideas, or do you need more info ?

Many thanks,
Simon.

Obvious thing to do is remove all equipment from tv and see if the problem is still there. If it disappears than one of your bits of equipment are causing interfence. You could try buying good quality shielded cabling.

If problem is there even when you only have tv in the vicinity then problem is most likely to be with ariel signal.

There's rarely an easy answer to this type of question.

Originally posted by Simon_Dugdale
I have got other kit attached to the TV too - Denon 3300 amp, DVD player, all via scart (Panasonic PF10 has 3 rear scarts)
Any ideas, or do you need more info ?

Many thanks,
Simon.
No need for the amp to do the switching for external sources when you have available connections on the TV, try connecting:

DVD AV1 > TV AV1 (RGB)
VCR AV1 > TVAV2

Then you can connect the TV to amp via the audio in/outs via phonos, then what ever source in shown on screen you can route the audio through the amp, I presume the DVD will be connect to the amp via coaxial/optical.

Already mentioned is the quality of the scarts you should be using in connecting the VCR/DVD players to the TV, if you are still using the leads that were supplied with the equipment then this may be your problem, you really want to be connecting with better quality leads, QED/Ixos sell a good range of quality scarts.

Hope this helps.

Does the interference occur on all AV inputs or on just the RGB one?

The PF10 has known problems with the RGB Scart input.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom