1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interference lines on TV ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by SimonSays, Nov 1, 2002.

1. SimonSays

SimonSays

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Don't know if any of you knowledgable folks can help me out here ?
    When watching TV I can see rolling diagonal lines accross the screen . If I switch on the Video player they go away for a short time but then return. Similarly if I switch it off again they disappear temporarily.
    I have got other kit attached to the TV too - Denon 3300 amp, DVD player, all via scart (Panasonic PF10 has 3 rear scarts)
    Any ideas, or do you need more info ?

Many thanks,
    Simon.

2. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Obvious thing to do is remove all equipment from tv and see if the problem is still there. If it disappears than one of your bits of equipment are causing interfence. You could try buying good quality shielded cabling.

If problem is there even when you only have tv in the vicinity then problem is most likely to be with ariel signal.

There's rarely an easy answer to this type of question.

3. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No need for the amp to do the switching for external sources when you have available connections on the TV, try connecting:

DVD AV1 > TV AV1 (RGB)
    VCR AV1 > TVAV2

Then you can connect the TV to amp via the audio in/outs via phonos, then what ever source in shown on screen you can route the audio through the amp, I presume the DVD will be connect to the amp via coaxial/optical.

Already mentioned is the quality of the scarts you should be using in connecting the VCR/DVD players to the TV, if you are still using the leads that were supplied with the equipment then this may be your problem, you really want to be connecting with better quality leads, QED/Ixos sell a good range of quality scarts.

Hope this helps.

4. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the interference occur on all AV inputs or on just the RGB one?

The PF10 has known problems with the RGB Scart input.