Interference in Subtitles

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Loalq, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Loalq

Loalq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a LG Prgressive Scan running in a Sony KLV-S40A10E across MonsterCable 2 Video Component. Lately I´ve been getting some kinda of interference in the subtitles of DVDs, in the shape of small white dots or lines along with the subtitles itself.

Any ideia of why this is happening and how can that be fixed??

Thanks!
    Best Regards / Loalq

2. James Lee

James Lee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same problem with both of my Sony DVPNS30s. I watch a LOT of foreign films and this bug is annoying me. I'm going to have it looked at soon but does anyone know what's causing it. It does it randomly and I've cleaned the lenses.

3. PaulyBBB

PaulyBBB
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have been seeing this on my new Philips DVD player as well. Occurs roughly about once per film and normally takes the shape of a white line across the top of the subtitle to the edge of the picture. Does this sound familiar?

If I rewind and replay, the subtitle appears normally without the glitch. Didn't happen with my old DVD player which was also a Philips. Not too bothered at the moment, but if it starts happening more frequently it would be a real pain. No idea what' causing it though - sorry! :confused:

Paul.

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,190
    I get them on my Sony NS585 as lines through the middle. It is attached by progresssive component on a projector.