interference from power lead ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Desf222, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Desf222

Desf222
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone am fitting an lcd{sony kdl 20s2030} to chimney breast in bedroom and want to run aireal lead and power cable for tv in same conduit will there be any interfernce on the pic? Have asked at 2 local store 1 said yes 1 said no.Also am i right in thinking that it would be best too run coax straight into tv from loft aireal? no sockets. Also this might sound a dumb question but hay somone has to ask it even if it gives all you hardcore diyers a laugh but how long do the bolts for the tv bracket need to be, a bit worried about drilling through wall into chimney cavity.

2. lochie

lochie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi ,

OK I'll make stab .

and want to run aireal lead and power cable for tv in same conduit will there be any interfernce on the pic? -

Not recommended - but personally if you have good coax don't think it is a problem over a short run.

Also am i right in thinking that it would be best too run coax straight into tv from loft aireal? no sockets

Yes this is what is recommended - you lose some signal strengh with sockets. But I guess if you have good signal to start than then a little loss my not be problem. Also if you using for FreeView then you should check all channels work ok. I think this all depends where you live in relation to the transmitter. Again personally , I tested mine - arail in loft with socket on the wall ran a standard wire from scoket to sceen work ok for me. not perfect for some channels.

but how long do the bolts for the tv bracket need to be, a bit worried about drilling through wall into chimney cavity.

Depends on the weight of the screen - LCD is light, But you still need to go good distance. I am guessing the 20 inch lcd is lighter than my 27 inch which is nothing compared to the plasma. I think you got get away with 2 inchs into the wall

lochie