Interference from mobile phone

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by rune, May 8, 2007.

1. rune

rune

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I've just purchased a 37PX70, and the TV is great.. Except when I use a mobile phone around in the house.. I get a terrible interference on both analogue and digital.. Should this happen? Is there any way I can stop/limit the interference other than not using the mobile phone in the house.

2. angelislington

angelislington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    I get this as well, as well as with all sorts of other electrical devices like hairdryers. I put it down to having such a poor signal here in the first place, so the slightest interference seems to have big effects. Not really a whole lot that I can think of to do about it, if you are sure that you have a decent quality signal. If not, perhaps its time for an aerial upgrade? I considered that here but we are moving now and are likely to get $ky.

3. rune

rune

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I've just had the aerial installed, but I do have problems from time to time, so I dont think the signal is very good.. The signal is split into 4 sockets around the house, which might not help in the first place.. I have also noticed (at certain times), when I watch the same channel (multiplex?) on the TV and the PVR it does not look good at all, its like they both get 50% of the signal - which might be what is happening if they both "use/share" the signal.

Anyway, I guess at the end of the day you might be right - the signal is not good enough, and a mobile call is the last drop to upset the signal.

Rune