1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting feature found with JS Tech RGB2PlasmaVGAconv

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by NeilMcRae, Sep 19, 2003.

1. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I nearly had a panic attack this morning when I was plugging in my dreamcast to the Plasma. I kept getting funny colours. I realised that the VGA port was running in component mode. But huh? I had RGM2PlasmaVGAconv hooked up. I then figured out that I had the Netgem, that was plugged into the RGB2PlasmaVGAconv, in component out mode so I guess that the RGB2PlasmaVGAconv was just acting like a cable convertor, but interesting that it worked!

Neil.

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Neil,

it should work fine like that! Even if it's a bit confusing at first....

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

3. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah, just handy to know that you can do this. Picture was as if it was running in RGB mode just made for simpler connection at the time.

Neil.

4. MrAnderson69uk

MrAnderson69uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    ...this is probably because the RGB and Component signals use common pins on the SCART. Sync signals, I beleive, are extracted from the Composite video signal carried on a separate SCART pin and maybe the G signal without altering the video signals. They effectively pass through the box to similar comman pinouts on the VGA connector. Just set your plasma to correctly interpret the source.

The Qunitro+ SCART switch also has a similar feature whereby it doesn't care what the video signals mean, RGB, YUV etc. and just passes them through to the output.