Interesting/awesome/inspiring picture thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 30535
  • Start date
EFUQVf7W4AAGyMi-e1569516977254.jpeg

Yes, it is a rocket launch!

I was lucky enough to be at Cape Canaveral for a Rocket launch a few years ago.
By the time we got the kids ready at 5am we got within 20mi when we saw it. Spectacular even from there. Everyone just pulled off the freeway into the grass. At which point my wife dropped my wallet :(

Mount Bromo.jpg

jeep bromo.jpg

A couple of months ago I was in East Java, Indonesia. Hiked up to 8500ft to see Mount Bromo at Sunrise.

Took a jeep to ride over the 'whispering sands'. Amazing views. Never done anything like it.

I was lucky enough to be at Cape Canaveral for a Rocket launch a few years ago.
Me too, in '96. This one:

Me too, in '96. This one:

i was at that one :eek:

no idea where in relation to the launch though - was far too busy trying to be a cool teenager which all dropped when the launch happened. Something i'll never forget!!

edit: nope im a liar - it was sts-79 i was at. :D :D

i was at that one :eek:

no idea where in relation to the launch though - was far too busy trying to be a cool teenager which all dropped when the launch happened. Something i'll never forget!!

edit: nope im a liar - it was sts-79 i was at. :D :D
Still, not far off!

Before and after a cold day in Michigan

Screenshot_20191127-154608_Chrome.jpg

Not a pic, a short vid but this is interesting:

Bit like the cigar in the wall

Crab bridge for squash-free migrations

145c16f.jpg

Echte Wagner, a German margarine company of all things, in the 1930s, knew where things were headed

1585578596539.png

Wireless Private Phone and Television.
Everyone now has their own transmitter and receiver and can communicate with friends and relatives. But the television technology has also improved so much that people can speak to each other in real time. Transmitters and receivers are no longer bound to their location, but are always placed in a box of the size of a camera.

Also a bunch of other predictions: Wonderful Futuristic Visions of Germany By Artists In 1930 - Flashbak

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom