Interesting/awesome/inspiring picture thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 30535
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30535

Is this going to hurt?

k895e.png

Mod Edit: Following on from: http://www.avforums.com/forums/gene...ting-awesome-inspiring-picture-thread-34.html

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, i found this quite interesting anyway....

Photo taken out back of my house but basically where the wall is at a slight incline the snow has started to build outwards... looks better in real life but i took this with my blackberry on saturday...

35irts2.jpg

Last edited:
Woah - amazing how smooth it is - seems a lot better than other Big Photos I've seen

that is one cool website , i did see a similar one for either manchester or london can't remember but it was proper jerky, like imightbewrong said that is one smooth site.

anyone know how they do that? I'd love to do one and stick it on my site.

Just went to rightclick it to see what would happen and you get a whole load of other options to view :

normal
fisheye
architectural
stereographic
panni
little planet
fullscreen

Last edited:
'A farmer was denied a permit to build a horse shelter. So he built a giant table and chairs, which don't need permit'

Attachments

• image-3666797712.jpg
    image-3666797712.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 4,340
'A farmer was denied a permit to build a horse shelter. So he built a giant table and chairs, which don't need permit'

Partial credit: snopes.com: Horse Shelter

the claim that the unusually large furniture was constructed by a farmer as a way of working around a local ordinance that prohibited him from building a shelter for the animals. Although the photographs are real, the claim about the giant furnishings' having originated as a way of skirting the law is a bit of fiction: the structures were built to serve the dual purpose of providing some shelter for the equines and serving as a visual advertisement for their owner's business.

Not sure that is 'even better' than just looking at it on a big monitor in the first place :)

EgeIpbB.jpg

The M777A2 Lightweight Howitzer can deliver a 95-pound 155mm shell onto a target up to 25 miles away during Exercise Steel Knight.

Photo by LCpl Jason Morrison.

What are the orange things flying across?

What are the orange things flying across?

Note, i know approximately ZIP about photography! :D

But..... a wild guess would say that he's taken it with a long open shutter speed (is that right?) hence why he's caught the tracer fire and the orange bits are either flares or something else thats just been caught on the move....

It's definitly a slow shutter speed, yes, but it still isn't obvious what that orange thing is - wondered if anyone knew.

Actually it could be the glow from the burners of a jet

Last edited:
My best guess is someone with a headtorch was moving during the timelapse. If you look at where the trail has a lot of activity (small space - lot of movement), to the left of that you can see a ghostly type figure - probably the person who moved and was caught in the shot :)
(could be smoke though - I'm not sure)

Edit: it's a similar colour and there's similar movement at the other spot where there's light in the background.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom