1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interested in the sony kv32fq80

Discussion in 'TVs' started by blackadder2, Dec 17, 2002.

1. blackadder2

blackadder2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got the sony kv32fq80, i'm really interested to find out as much as i can about this tv from any one who has one.

2. anthonyb

anthonyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had mine for a week now - so far very pleased....

I spent a lot of time reading news groups and looking at other things before I took the plunge and bought from John Lewis (price matched)

The more you go looking for trouble - the more you'll find - just depends how fussy you are...

Anthony..

3. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    anthonyb

If it is possible how much did you pay for it? Is it more than the philips 32pw9617 and what is the picture quality like on dvd and the rest. is it worth it?

You are right about looking for faults, alot of people are too picky

evans

4. anthonyb

anthonyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I paid 1450 for it from John Lewis' in Milton Keynes... Check out www.hispek.co.uk, get the price and contact details then let JL do the rest - I'm sure if you look enough, you can get a better price match than that though...

I've just put some decent SCART leads (QED) on it which seems to make quite difference to the general quality of the image - especially SKY and DVD menu graphics.

When I'm looking for it, I can see the top right bend down a little, but you have to be looking for it and in wide mode it's all filled anyhow.. If it starts to bother me, I may go into the service menu and try sorting it out.

I looked at the Philips, but decided I didn't like the Pixel Plus - except on some DVD's where it looks fantastic! The main appeal to the Philips was the DD5.1, but as the wireless speakers aren't really wireless and I'm planning on getting a seperate amp anyhow, so I didn't see the point. Wasn't sure about the looks of the Panasonic and that is ultimately quite important (especially to the girlfriend!! :) )

But in general, I'm very pleased with it...

Good luck.

Anthony..

5. mmm

mmm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Brought the KV32FQ80 a few weeks ago.

Very pleased. brought for about 1450 aswell...all delivered.

but I am two problems ;

1. the tv buzzes too loudly for my liking - hopefully getting this looked at soon.

2. at each end of the screen (left/right) it is slightly blurry. You notice it more when you split the screen and have the sky banner on one side and PS2 being played on the other ;)

very happy though...

regards

m

6. anthonyb

anthonyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen the blurry problems on split screen too - but only in the shop when it first came out. Someone told me it was something to do with the split screen and it's not noticeable in normal viewing.

I don't think mine buzzes - at least I haven't heard it yet and I'm quite sensitive to that kind of thing.

Cheers,

Anthony..

7. devastator

devastator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    My previous FQ80 had a buzzing sound and the picture seemed to bend down at the right hand top edge.. But the replacement one I got seems a lot better.

DVD picture quality is fantasic. Some of the animated films like Tarzan and Shrek really do look crisp..and the colours stand out nicely.

8. Sarge

Sarge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I got one from qed the this week, fantastic picture and looks great. Amazing RGB when used with a decent scart cable

monsters inc really shows it off

9. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £1439 inc express delivery

GET £80 off either a DVD/VCR/DAVS System when you buy this TV! (+5 FREE DVD's with the DVD/DAVS)

sounds quite good