Interconnects for Planet 2000

D

d.ten

OK, opted for the Planet 2000. Any advice on interconnects. I'm currently using Chord (cheapest ones!) but have been told the Rega RCA interconnects are the ones to go for to get the best out of the player (within normal person financial constraints!!)

deaf cat

Well, I guess your not happy with Chords,
What differences are you looking for?
I have a Maia3 and am at the moment going through a good number of interconnects trying to find one that I love the sound of. Lots of cables out there, and there can be alot of difference between them.
Best thing is try a few different makes and see what you prefer.

Be interested in your thoughts on the Rega cables if you try them.

harv

You went for the planet then... :thumbsup: I was using a Kimber PBJ with good results within my setup. (Planet, Tag 60i and 100p).

How much did you get it for in the end ? did you think about the mains advice ?

harv

D

d.ten

Oh, £330 ex-demo with 3 yrs guarantee (audio excellence).

let me know the price of the cable!!

D

d.ten

regarding the cables, its not that im dissapointed with the chords, i read that the cables:

"... compliment the Planet beautifully and assist producing that spacious and "smooth" sound eliminating that CD "glare" that so many players suffer from".

just wanted other opinions as i want the best from the system

harv

I have tried other cables with the system, Ixos 104 ok soft sounding but not bad for £25 quid new, cambridge audio pacific (£30) bit harsh, and bloated, cable talk ? (£40 ish) ok at first then felt I was missing something. Chord Solid (£110) bit bright very crisp. MIT terminator 4, a little bass light and forward sounding. My favourite as I said was the PBJ. Which was £65 which the ultraplate phono's, but you can get them for around £25-30 on e-bay. I'm thinking of testing some cables from

http://www.krystal-kables.com/products/connects1.htm

and

http://www.the-missing-link.net/prod01.htm

once I've bought the new spinner. As for the mains cable... its a russ andrews kimber yello which is £30 new but can get them for £20ish on ebay, I did try the next model up the classic but prefered the yello.

Just remember that though our amps are (well were) similar that the could sound completely different because of room acoustics and my speakers are much brighter and leaner sounding then most...

Knightshade

Add Atlas cables to your list. Also VHAudio.com , and HomeGrownAudio.com
Be interested to hear what you think about 'krystal' I bought a power cord from him once.

harv

And ???!!! Was it any good?

gotta admit I'm also tempted by the gold silver combination cable on e-bay for £60 sounds interesting (well all companies make scientific claims of some sort) always intriguing for a naive little old me

Knightshade

Let's just say I didn't go back for seconds.....;)
Still, he may be able to make interconnects.
Everyone makes wild claims about interconnects etc. Some may be true. You pay your money you take your chance. At least if they have a returns policy you can send them back if they don't measure up.

deaf cat

Hay Knightshade, do you know of anywhere in the uk where we could get hold of the cables you mentioned:
VHAudio.com , and HomeGrownAudio.com
or are they just direct from the US...?
Cheers

Knightshade

Sole distributors in the US unfortunately. They do both have return policys. You never see them turn up on ebay either which is abit annoying....

deaf cat

Mind you, that probably means who ever buys them must like them........
hmmmm
long way to post them, may give them a go in a week or so.
First impressions of a stereovox are good, but will see what the weeks trial holds.
Cheers

Top Bottom