1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

interconect

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by stranger, Feb 27, 2002.

1. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using a half metre cable talk reference phono lead between my sony ns900 and my sony str-va receiver. would a dedicated co-ax. digital cable make much difference? thanks for any advice.

2. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry-should read str-va555es receiver.

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends what you want to do. Is your cable 5.1 or just stereo? If you are just using a stereo lead then obviously you are missing out on DD and DTS as well as SACD. I don't know if you amr has Auto Format Detect on the DVD channel but if you use a digital cable, this will decode it and play the sound out of the right channels. For the record, I have a digital coax to the DVD channel for movies and stereo phonos to the CD channel on the amp which is set to Analogue Direct. I prefer phonos for music but the digital has more punch for films. I'm using QED cables for both by the way.

S

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Sounds like a job for an IXOS 105 wBt digital co-ax (£30). It will sound much better than the standard phono lead you are using.

5. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys. Retro took your advice but bought a qed p75 you were right its a good improvement, incidentaly I was using a cable talk reference cable not a cheap one.