1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

interactive on sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by micks_address, Feb 8, 2002.

1. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Hi folks,
    Quick question about interactive services on Sky. Sometime i loose interactive altogether for a day or so and then it comes back. That is - the red button does noting during matches etc and text won't work on sky sports channels. It usually sorts itself out after a day or so but it's annoying all the same. Box is silver pannasonic one.

Anyone experience the same problem and is there any quick solution to it. Also sometimes when i go to view a premiership plus match it's encrypted even though i have the season ticket - have to call up sky to get it turned on. A pain.

Any info appreciated,
    Mick

2. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    Not the answer you want, but unplug the box from the mains and then plug it back in again.

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

Actually I think 'Networkguy' does have the answer you are looking for - I often have the same trouble and when I phoned up the Sky technical line they just told me to switch it off, leave it for 90 seconds and the restart it. Very technical!!!:eek:

4. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    We have reached a stage where most things these days are reliant on software.

So far, I have a Sky box that needs a reboot every now and then, a TV that needs a reboot every week, all the computers in the house that need a reboot and even phones that sometimes need to go through the process.

The best one yet however was when I was having trouble with the car. Took it into the shop, and what did they do to cure the problem? Reboot the engine management system (and it sorted it).

I think is one of the down sides to living in the year 2002. Everything needs a reboot every now and then.

I wonder if it will work on the wife :p

5. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    thanks for the help guys,
    Mick

P.S anyone have any idea when sky wil launch sky plus in Ireland?