1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intelligencia Unite

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bigtired, Apr 7, 2005.

1. bigtired

bigtired
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Dear All,

May I make an outrageous suggestion and suggest that the experts "Maw", "Horneydragon" etc collaborate together and have a meeting of minds regarding what the best buy is on a plasma conneced to typical av i.e plasma plus sky plus + dvd + home cinema. Then post your united recommendations - I will trust your collective opinions without threat of litigation. :)

Can you express this in financial ranges, <£1000, £1000- £1500 etc. Also if the increase in performance is worth exceeding a particular budget. Don't want much do I!!! :)

Just a thought but would at least help me make the plunge. The agenda is yours but make it simple not optionally driven whereby we end up with 30 options - not being cheeky here but the recurring threads on previously answered threads are not because people can't search and read, its because the debate provided no answer, and just added to indecision and insecurity.

Please don't be offended. :lease:

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    You did invite specific members but I am going to be rude and make a contribution here. If there is one thing that does come from the debate here, there is no answer! A number of folks have debated here and ther have even been supporters of kit which proved to be pants but price made the gamble worthwhile in their opinion. It seems to me your options are:

1. Panasonic or Pioneer. Quality above all else.
    2. An ALIS based panel from Hitachi, Fujitsu or Sony. Quality at the expense of some flexibility.
    3. Keep your ear to the ground for a 3rd party maker who has managed to create a decent product such as LG, Samsung etc.

I think my details are correct. It is my take on matters anyway. At the end of the day you need to be happy with your product, and as such I am not sure the 'intelligencia' can tell you anything here you have not read elswhere...

3. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not entirely correct my freind Big

The so called experts on here do have a few recommendations but then peeps start arguing wiv em if they dont like what they hear - so they cant win either way...i would presume anyone on this site would want to explore the multitude of options and then make a decison for themselves after demoing? Shortlisting recommended products after a good deabte here is a huge benefit of this site - its not a substitue for dealers' advice on final decisions dontcha' think?

We all know pretty much what such peeps are saying are the quality panels from only a small handful of models. Most of those are on the lower end of the market - very few peeps here are spending over 4k.

Enjoy the surf and advice - but buy for yourself in the final analysis.

Regards

Dil

4. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Your right, it could be tricky....

How about setting up a pole with the most used setups, ask people to vote for them and fill out a simple questionnaire. All details could then be collated and posted up in a top 10 FORUM PLASMA GUIDE, sorted price (including Panny boards).

I’ll set it up if you boys really want it, I’m sure the mods would make it a STICKY.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    We do occasionally speak offline, usually about trolls rather than collaboration, just collective moaning really. We are talking once every 3 months or so. The answers really are independent, Horny does not even work in the trade, he is a student. I do, as in my sig. I'm not ashamed of it! Happy to contribute a suggested setup or so, I do in fact generally sell a 'package' the details vary of course. Bigger, more complex installs are something else of course, they really are custom designed. I sell what I know works and gives satisfaction, and zero comeback.

6. Cwhelan

Cwhelan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DD - A good idea, it would at least give people a good idea of what the mainstream has & rates.

Might also save a few nightmares for people (aka the tiny thread!! :mad: )

All of my purchases were my own decision but I must say sound debate / reviews was gained from this site.

Conor.