Intel motherboard and VIIV

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by chris11th, Dec 24, 2006.

1. chris11th

chris11th

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first time i write here, then, hello everybody. :hiya:

I just would like to explain you a problem i have got:

I have recently bought a new motherboard Intel to assembly an HTPC and use all the new features of the VIIV technology 1.5

The problem I have with that mainboard (DG965WH) is:

when I try to put on sleep with the remote control (the original Microsoft) I will no longer be able to resume from the "hybernation".

None of RC nor mouse or keyboard seems work. The only way to resume the system is to push the power button and the PC will recover itself as VIIV normally do.

I tried to search inside the BIOS (even after the Bios update) if there is any activable feature, but i found nothing.

Furthermore, sometime when the pc "sleeps" it wakes up by itself :confused:

I don't think the mainboard is defective because i have already changed it and i have the same problem...

The hardware is:

MB: DG965WH
    CPU: Intel core duo 6600
    RAM: 1GB Kingston
    HD: Samsung SP2504 250GB (with NCQ)

Please i need your help, I have no more chance to solve my problem by myself, i've tried everything i know...:suicide:

Sorry for my bad english (i am swiss :hiya: )

HEEEELLLP

2. BigBry

BigBry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A remote control will not allow you to wake from hibernation, generally only the power button, a network signal (wol) or the computer itself will wake from hibernate. If you want to try and be able to wake from a sleep state with the remote try S3 mode.

That's always likely to happen at least until you've got the right settings established.

Try MST it sorts out lots of these problems;
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~hveijk/mst/indexe.htm

3. chris11th

chris11th

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for the explanation, but what i have to do to install that S3 mode?

In the BIOS there is only an option (in "power section") named enable S5 mode...