• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Intel i5 w/ HD Graphics 2500 (simple question)

jonjo69

Hi guys,

Having given up finding a media player that everyone agrees actually works, I'm force down the HTPC route. As background, I rip my Blu-rays to a NAS and stream via WDTV to a Panasonic 55VT30; simples!! However, doesn't work for 3D Blu-ray ISO rips; of course.

Question: Will an HTPC with an Ivy Bridge i5 be able to stream this; e.g. has anyone actually got this working, as opposed to it should work.

Thanks

Jonjo

jonjo69

which Bit doesnt work? the streaming? playback? only 3d only blu ray.
What you describe (i5 IB) will work probably
Are you woriied about the 23.97 bug in Intel gfx?
WD are releasing a new "thing", that might be worth a look.
Media Players Overview
Actual skimpy details
WD TV Play media hub revealed by the FCC, puts Texas Hold'em on the big screen -- Engadget

The only bit that doesn't work is the 3d ISO. The rest I use a combination of AnyDVD HD, BDinfo and tsmuxer to great effect. Everything apart from 3D. Yes, I have 3dbuster which after days can generate a SBS half-frame which will play; but I'm a lossless guy!!

STdrez625

Banned
I dont think the WDTV is ever going to be modded to do 3d .. maybe its outside the scope of the chip. I have no experience with 3d, what the reqs are, and whether the 3d is done in the telly or in the datastream. Even with a HTPC you will probably need a seperate gfx card something like an AMD 7450. or maybe an[-] LLamo[/-]LLano CPU, cheaper, and easier to accomodate in a small case.
YO.

jonjo69

we've built ivybridge i5 based HTPCs and they work fine with full 1080p 3d ISOs

Thanks for the confirmation. Planned setup :-

Antec Fusion Remote case
300w BeQuite PSU
Asus P8Z77 mobo
Intel i5 3450 CPU
4GB Corsair memory
60GB OCZ SSD
Linux XBMC OS

m11nch

I'm streaming 3d stereoscopic iso's on a i3 with hd2000 through power DVD and ISO clone
And it work perfectly

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom