Intel® Core®2 Duo or Intel® Celeron®

spiderman999

Standard Member
Dear All,

Is it worth spending the extra £100.00 to upgrade to Intel® Core®2 Duo with 80Gb hard drive or stick with the Intel® Celeron® with 120Gb hard drive. Are the benefits of Intel® Core®2 Duo that good?

Thanks

booyaka

simple answer - on the limited facts - yes.

Celeron cpu's are about 4 generations old now - i'm guessing you are talking about a laptop.

huge difference in processing power c2d will murder the celeron

Owen824

second that with a huge amen. :smashin:

Decadent Fool

You could easily pick up an external hdd which would be great.

Personally, I find celeron chips useful as a small paperweight, or perhaps as a door wedge.

Owen824

500gb externals set you back about £50-60 so the processor is the better option.

Simba

Distinguished Member
the clouds part and the C2D rises up in shining might....in the mean time the ground trembles and the celeron falls between the emerging cracks into the firey pits of hell....:devil:

option 3 is def the only option there to consider really. you might find that your better off using XP rather than vista since vista is quite memory hungy, 2gb is the sweet spot for vista imo.

also what deal is required with aol broadband to get this at 149...thats pretty good!

update: i found the deal thats going on with carphone warehouse. existing aol customers who cant upgrade further should try haggling with aol....think i might annoy the techchat folk lol i got 2 free routers by doing that hehe

Simba

Distinguished Member
ok well heres the score, existing customers can get the laptop deal provided that your out of contract. my last contract with them ended in august so at present im just making monthly payments as per normal, only thing is im out of contract, which is good in this case. Im on £17.99 a month (platinum 8meg) as with the aol talk deal which is £3.49 (£21.48), so going for the laptop deal would mean i pay for the £22.49/month deal and the £14.99 courier fee. i wouldnt be paying much more. im going to go for the Free base model as its going straight to ebay or in the classfields :rotfl:

so on the short term existing customers in this situation can get the deal as can i. :thumbsup:

spiderman999

Standard Member
I thought it might be worth trying to get the option 3 deal at a cheaper price! I'm in the same boat as you, I'm out of my AOL contract, so can renew. But might see how far they are willing to keep new customers. Goodluck

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED EVO Review (OLED65G1)
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom