Integration choice - headache!!!

harinder111

Standard Member
Hi all

Finished a brand new build house and have left one thing to the end. I guess this is more due to cost constraints during build and the fact that most of the solutions didn’t sit comfortably for me around the home media side (plex solved that albeit its discovery came post the build finishing)

Things to control (all in one central area)

Sky HD 1tb
Panasonic plasma (this will change in future)
Pioneer SC-LX83 amplifier
Pioneer BDP-LX91 blu ray player
Plex – runs on a MacMini. Is current home media server and client.
Lutron – GrafikEye 3106 x4. One of these is in the dedicated central area. All 4 are connected

For Audio I went with Sonos.

Security to come – Dedicated Micros based system, BPL intercom

To do – ipad/iphone control.

Desired – ease of expansion

Reality – no one size that fits all with any ease?

Where there are TV’s there is either ducting or coax/hdmi/cat5e ready and waiting

Why ipad/iphone? Easily lends to a portable and cost effective way forward. Also helps with She Who Must Be Obeyed. She loves Plex because it is so easy to use via the iPhone/iPad

My thoughts. Crestron maybe but I just don’t get which control item to use. It seems though no easy way to go slowly with this. Trying to get some honest advice first before approaching the Custom Installers in my area. They are a little renowned for post code price increases.

Crestron’s HQ for the UK is approximately 5 mins walk from where I live
smile.gif

Help? Please?

vex

I am afraid, to me, it is not clear what you are trying to achieve from your post.

Controlling that lot with an iPad is not difficult and I am sure there is either an iPad app for GraphicEye or RS232 codes.

V.

harinder111

Standard Member
I am afraid, to me, it is not clear what you are trying to achieve from your post.

Controlling that lot with an iPad is not difficult and I am sure there is either an iPad app for GraphicEye or RS232 codes.

V.

Hi

Trying to get to a one app solution. Right now its a case of one app does x, another one does y. It's all a little disjointed.

For the Grafik Eye - unless you have Homeworks there is no app sadly.

The problems occur whilst looking for the one app. I looked into RedEye/RedEye Pro but its infancy is worrying as well as the application stability.

vex

Getting everything into one app would be difficult, Sonos doesn't integrate well.

Others should be ok, IR, RS232 and Contact Closures could all be done via the GlobalCashe systems and something like the ControlFX stuff, which is what I use on my installs.

V.

harinder111

Standard Member
Getting everything into one app would be difficult, Sonos doesn't integrate well.

Others should be ok, IR, RS232 and Contact Closures could all be done via the GlobalCashe systems and something like the ControlFX stuff, which is what I use on my installs.

V.

I was once advised to leave music to those who do it well for this, hence Sonos. Happy for Sonos to sit alone.

I looked at the ControlFX site a while back. Couldn't see much on the forum as it wasn't up. How is it to setup?

101music

I think Control4 could be the best option. I'd go for an HC300 processor plus the C4 Ipad licence and the Extra Vegetables Sonos driver. Speak to a dealer local to you, they should be happy to help.

Adam

vex

Control4 is a good shout actually - thanks 101.

However the problem with any of these systems is that they are Dealer Only supply and program.

V.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom