Question Integrated light switch?

Doz007

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've kitted out the majority of the house with Hue bulbs but I still have a few remaining lights with incompatible fittings. Is there a way to smarten these up at the switch rather than the bulbs?

I'm looking at using Smartthings as a hub to tie everything together.

You can get a variety of modules to put behind the standard switch from Fibaro, aeon, everspring and others.
I'd recommend the Zwave route as it's very reliable with the right hub.

I am a great believer in Vera and Fibaro HC hubs over the Smart things, mainly for its offline logic and the sheer scale of what you can do with them. I did have a smart things myself for a very short time but returned it due to reliability issues.

The Vera hub can interface with and control hue devices, meaning you can put all the logic on one device (Vera) and use the hue hub as a gateway.
I like the fact Vera is so cheap it's almost a disposable product yet it's reliable and has lots of third party plug-ins.

I'm not sure if Fibaro can interface with hue yet.

A good site I have found for buying all types of HA devices is www.vesternet.com

Yes Fibaro can Interface with the hue, however I wouldnt necessarily recommend investing in Hue bulbs better to get the Fibaro/Zwave modules per circuit, and use normal light switches and bulbs and fittings

This way you can also still use a normal light switch without isolating the bulb(s) from the Home automation system

Thanks for the replies chaps, I didn't receive the reply notification for some reason. :(

After looking in to these things for a few weeks now I finally picked up the Smartthings starter pack & some additional sensors during the Black Friday sale. I've been setting this up today & first impressions are very positive.

I did look at the Vera on a few occasions but it never comes across as 'wife friendly'. If I don't end up getting on with the Smartthings hub though, I understand the sensors will still work with a Vera or Fibaro system. Is this correct?

For future reference, Is there any go to videos to watch when it comes to demoing the Vera or Fibaro hubs?

All this aside, will this do what I looking for? Z-Wave Fibaro Universal Dimmer 2 250W | Vesternet

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom