Integrated hd tuners in tvs....when?

drjunk

Standard Member
I know panasonic offer a range of tvs with a built in (freesat) hd tuners...but i was wondering when we will start to see hd tuners appear mainstream....including terrestial?

magnetism

Standard Member
I think the recent sony models all have HD tuners? Certainly the W4500 model I have has a HD DVB-C tuner, but I think it also does HD DVB-T

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Terrestrial HD is still undergoing technical tests so it won't be for quite a while (I assume you mean in the UK).

marty2005

LG have LCDs coming out with Freesat built in for 2009.

Dinnie

Novice Member
I think the recent sony models all have HD tuners? Certainly the W4500 model I have has a HD DVB-C tuner, but I think it also does HD DVB-T

Are you sure that means freesat?

I've checked their website:

Cable tunerSelected BRAVIA TVs now include integrated television tuners for use on cable networks. This allows you to connect your BRAVIA TV directly to the cable network via the aerial lead without needing a set top box. For technical or commercial reasons, our integrated TV tuners are not always compatible with local country networks. Check which ones are compatible in your location.

YellowSphere

Freeview HD will be running on the DVB-S2 platform, and the chips for that haven't actually hit the market yet, so there are definitely no televisions with that ability built in.

Freesat tuners might become more popular over this year. We'll just have to wait and see. To be honest, I can't see Sony/Samsung falling over themselves to include it at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom