1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Integrated decoder ???

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by neworder153, Jan 11, 2005.

1. neworder153

neworder153

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, I'm afraid i'm a bit of a novice (at the moment) but I have what is hopefully a straight forward question for all you experts.
    I have a Panasonic TX-28DT30 telly that has a built in DVB decoder which lets me view all the Freeview channels. However is there any way that I can record onto video any of the Freeview channels that also includes Channel 5, at the moment all I can record are the standard 4 channels.
    Many thanks in anticipation.

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +169
    There should be a Scart out on the TV, connect that to Scart 1 on your VCR and select AV1 or E1 or whatever your VCR names it. Select the Freeview programme you wish to record on the TV. Press record on the VCR

3. neworder153

neworder153

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Fred,
    Does this mean that I can only record the channel I am watching at the time and that it is not possible in some way to programme the video to record things when I am out or watching a different station ???

4. Dickdastardly

Dickdastardly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Set your video timer to record the AV channel at the appropriate time. If your freeview box has a timer, set that also. Otherwise just leave it switched on tuned to the required channel. If you are recording from the freeveiw box, you can only watch another channel on your TV tuner (unless of course you have a twin tuner freeview box) :lesson:

5. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Get yourself a standalone freeview box and use that just for recording. You'll get better recording quality (RGB) , can record one channel whilst watching another and record with the TV switched off.

EDIT. re-reading your post it looks like you have a VCR not a DVD so scratch the recording quality advantage, the latter 2 still apply though, the first will if you upgrade.

6. neworder153

neworder153

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dick & Bob,
    With fingers crossed i'll try what you have suggested, watch this space.........

7. only_forward

only_forward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Neworder, did that work for you? :confused: