Quantcast

Question Integrated Amplifier Advice please...

tangerines

I just moved to the UK and left my system back in New Zealand. I managed to nab a pair of Q Acoustics 3050 floor standers second hand this week to put in my bedroom, and am itching to get them playing! I don't want a huge amp so am looking at these all in one integrated amps. Wireless or Bluetooth is a must.. and DAB radio is a bonus...

I am having difficulties choosing between..

1. Cambridge Audio One open box for 160 pounds (it has DAB+ and bluetooth but no aptx;
2. NAD d 3020 refurbished for 300 pounds (seems bit more powerful than CA, has aptx but not DAB); and
3. Denon CEOL RCDN9 refurbished for 215 pounds (not many reviews out on this one, has apple airplay DAB+, and bluetooth, but no aptx.

Help a girl choose?

Thank you!

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I'd say the 3050s deserve better than those you have listed. The combinations will work and chances are you'll be quite happy with them, but capable speakers will only be as capable as the systems they are attached to.

You could look at something like a network amplifier like the Yamaha RN301, which will generally have a bit more real power than one box mini systems, and also allow internet radio, which will be just as good as DAB, sometimes better, and with far more choice.

tangerines

Thanks David, I had a look at the Yamaha, looks like a great unit but it doesn't have bluetooth or wireless as my main goal is to stream music and sound of movies etc from my laptop (don't want to use a long HDMI cable). Is there any other alternatives that is 300 pounds or less?

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
RN602?

The problem with £300 is that you may get a half decent amp for that price, but it won't have all the extras. If that is the strict budget, then you'll have to look at your original options. The Marantz MCR611 is a bargain at the moment

Don Dadda

+1 for the marantz but Why is Bluetooth and wireless essential?

Top Bottom