Integrated Amp with HT Bypass and 12v trigger

gibbsy

For 5.1 I will go through the AV receiver as usual, but I am looking for an option to play standard cd, stream and USB music through the Atoll integrated amp without using using the receiver.
Either optical or coax will enable the audio to be passed to the Atoll and quality will be dictated by the DAC in the Atoll. Music will be much better from a stereo integrated rather than the AV amp. I'm not a Sony owner but have had my Pioneer blu ray player connected by both HDMI and analogue at one point.

You could eventually, if desired, get a standalone CD player which in my experience will give a better performance than a blu ray player. I not longer use my blu ray player for stereo music as I have two standalone stereo SACD players.

sicfigure

Novice Member
Thanks. The issue is the Atoll only has anologue ins so I will need something to convert. Ideally, it would be able to stream, play music off USB drives, etc.

Jester1066

Thanks. The issue is the Atoll only has anologue ins so I will need something to convert. Ideally, it would be able to stream, play music off USB drives, etc.
Something like a Cambridge Audio DAC Magic maybe?

It has analogue outputs (to connect to your Atoll integrated amp) and has USB -and digital (coax & optical) inputs. So you'll be able to stream from USB drives

gibbsy

You're going to need a standalone DAC like what's been linked above.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom