1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Integrated amp help needed

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by darkness1, Aug 7, 2005.

1. darkness1

darkness1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I decided within the next 2-3 months to audition some integrated ampliers for my setup. Now i've rang some
    stores and tbh seem to be sold too. Now with my setup as follows:-
    kef Q4 fronts, kef Q6c ctr, Kef kws 2500 sub and kef q compact rears driven by a Yam a2 amp and a SD9500 Tosh cd/dvd player.
    Now with this setup i've been offered to use by various stores the following:
    AVR300 Arcam av amp £1100 - Will this really shine against my A2? Plus i understand that as an integrated stereo for music will suffer.
    Sugden A21A £950.00
    A90 Arcam £950
    Music fidelity has been recommended for audition as they are musical and blend in with Q4's apparently?

Now i guess using the preout of the A2 too an integrated stereo amp will be the best way.
    With this setup is there a peak price or quality that i won't get any better benefit paying extra money for a top end Integrated amplifier?

Any help most appreciated

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    The Arcam AVR300 is a classic arcam in all ways and is very musical. Get the demo and be suprised how good a AV amp can sound with music. I would also advise looking at the AVR250 as well as some people actually prefere it to its bigger brother. I loses a couple of features over its big brother but they might not matter to you.