1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

integrated amp for Celestion A1's ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gogs, Jun 21, 2004.

1. gogs

gogs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a new member who needs advice on amplifier matching to my CELESTION A1's. Although a little dated, I have used Celestion in my Marshall Guitar amp and never looked back.
    I now need to add a suitable integrated amp. I have been impressed by the write ups of the CREEK 5350 SE, ROKSAN CASPIAN and SONNETEER CAMPION. However as my speakers are 88db sensitivity, I reckon I need a fairly juicy amp to drive them. Can anyone give feedback about these amps or others. I will be buying S/H at approx £500.

Look forward to learning from the experts

Gogs

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    The A1 is a very good speaker and is also very smooth. If your looking to buy second hand, I would try some new dealer amps to give you an idea of what works.

What is the rest of the system?

3. gogs

gogs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the vote of approval Londondecca, I aim to purchase a Cyrus CD6 or 7 in the next few days. Have asked the advice of the Forum members as to whether a DVD player can offer quality CD reproduction, but now feel that a dedicated player is required as I have a varied taste in music and place audio quality highly.
    I do not know a great deal about systems, but was most interested in your suggestion of Dealer amps. Can you advise me as to your opinion? I would be grateful.

Thanks

Gogs

4. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Gogs
    www.moorgate.demon.co.uk are selling cyrus cd6 and cd8 for £436 and£699 with full 2 year warranty.
    Cheers Gonzo.
    Ps click on special offers.

5. gogs

gogs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gonzo,

Thanks for the tip, that is especially cheap for the CD8, is there a big difference between the two? Have also been looking at the Caspian M Series, 1 at B&B Hi-fi for £599, which I thought was impressive. Ex-demo though.

Gogs

6. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    A CD8 demo will give you a flavour of how a Cyrus amp will sound with the rest of your system. If it all sounds good then you can buy a exdem or second hand unit with a high degree of confidence.

Buying blind, ie not knowing how it works in your system is risky. I have heard a lot of expensive system which have simply been thrown together and sound dreadful.

Only your ears can determine if an amp will give you want you want. Reviews and recommendations can help but at the end of the day it is your ears and money which count.

7. apple beez

apple beez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone who has at least played on a mesa boogie please give me your feedback on it.