Question Integral garage cinema build

weavesno1

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

Has anyone built themselves a cinema room by converting a garage with rough measurements of 2.2m wide by 4.5m in length. If so would you post your pics.
Many thanks Paul.

SparkerB

Hi these are some random ones that I had to hand. The wood and cloth is the masking I made. Ill post some more.

Attachments

weavesno1

Distinguished Member
Hi these are some random ones that I had to hand. The wood and cloth is the masking I made. Ill post some more.
Thanks matey have you got a few pics of finished room. Is it sound proofed (if warranted) ?

weavesno1

Distinguished Member
Mine is 2.3m wide at the front and 2.5m at the back. 5.2m long though.

Link to my build thread in my signature
Just spent the last 2 hours on your thread Adam. It’s amazing would love to see pics of the room in action with a film on the screen. At the same time it’s completely baffling to me. I used to have a projector upstairs with a simple Wharfdale 5.1 system linked to my old Onkyo R608 and all cabling was buried under my underlay with the HDMI and projector cable up through a hole behind the projector mount and back down some trunking behind my A/V shelf.

It was so simple but looking at your garage conversion I’m going to have nightmares for the next few weeks

adam-burnley

Distinguished Member
It was so simple but looking at your garage conversion I’m going to have nightmares for the next few weeks
I've gone with a fairly complex construction to maximise sound proofing as much as possible, given the constraints I had to work with.

A few nightmares along the way, mostly through the frustration of how long it was taking, but I've learnt a lot and actually enjoyed doing it. Totally worth it now of course.

Plenty of very helpful and knowledgeable people on here, so worth sharing your plans and questions.

Mattington

Standard Member
My garage build is 2.5 x 6.6 mate been building it for last few years and I think this is my 3rd re vamp of my av setup.

I started cheap with some rare Sony floorstanders then worked up to mk silvers but I think my last attempt smashed it. Sounds and looks sooo much better mk 150s mk2 with arendal subs.

You wont believe how little this has cost me. And I know it's worth much more at retail but I've bought wisely and looked for good second hand warranted products.

Arendal subs have 10 year warranties. Well worth it too. 😃

Attachments

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom