• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Insuring your hifi/av, which companies are best?

j0hn

Banned
As per this thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/foru...379-insurance-company-forum.html#post10579748

Stuart Wright suggested - You could start a thread here and ask a moderator to create a sticky FAQ thread and link to it in there.

So thats what im doing. Can a mod edit this and/or the title so it suits the purpose please? thanks

Post what insurance companies are best to use for hifi and av components please. Post your experiences, good, bad etc

Personally I dont mind paying a small premium over another company if I know if I need to phone up and make a claim, that Im not going to be treated like I am a lyer or a conman, and that im not going to be fogged off with a less than acceptable replacement that will likely leave me close to tears!

Cooperative Insurance

Due to a genuine accident of my own doing I recently claimed for a 8 month old Sony 46D3500 LCD television which cost £829 as it was end of line.

The claim was handled over the phone and I was informed that I should put aside 1 hour at a prearranged date/time for an interview with a Claims Assessor.

This was rather daunting but the assessor seemed happy that it was genuine and informed me that my Claim had been approved.

Soon after Homeserve (or equivelent) phoned me, entered my current TV model number on a database and I was offered a current model Sony 46V5500 to be bought from Comet (£1029).

I had to pay the excess by card over the phone & then I was then sent a Comet Credit Card thingy for the full price of the TV from Comet.

So overall, I believe I was dealt with very fairly and my concerns with being fobbed off with an inferior brand were unfounded.

As I sidenote, I got Comet to pricematch the 46W5500 with nearby RS and paid £54 extra for the W (£1083). Comet's advertised price was then £1299.

I should add that Coop Insurance never sent me any renewal details when my policy expired.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom