Insuring a plasma screen

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Kopacabana, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Kopacabana

Kopacabana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hello

I'm having trouble getting JL to pricematch for a Panny 42PX60PED. Like many customers, the main reason I want to buy from JL is to get the 5 year warranty.

Given the problems I am having, I am keen to shop elsewhere, where the system is a few hundred quid cheaper.

My question is this: Can I upgrade my home insurance or take out a separate policy for my plasma which will be just as good as the JL warranty?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. swartzy

swartzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +699
    Hi Kopacabana,
    I have More Than Home Insurance and they covered my 42 inch panasonic for accidental damage at no extra cost on the policy....Ring up your homne insurance company and ask them do they cover the plasma and if there is any additional cost.....BTW got the model of the tv and the amount covered wriiten into my HI policy...just a suggestion

good luck
    swartzy:)

3. mrgrill

mrgrill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kopacabana,

I"m in the same situation as you. I'm not sure about going to JL for my TV [mainly because I want to pay on Finance / 0% for 12 months and they don't do this], but the 5 year warranty really appeals to me.

Here is the forum link Warranty explained which tells you about TADL Assist See here. Where you can buy Extended Warranty up to 6 months after your purchase. It's still a few hundred quid to pay, but if you managed to save a few hundred on your plasma purchase, the total price of plasma plus extended warranty may equate to what you would of got as a price match from JL.

Better than going to Dixons :)

4. Kopacabana

Kopacabana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7

5. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69

6. Kopacabana

Kopacabana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I might just hang it all and buy from Sound and Vision.

They are selling the 42PX60PED for £1,719 including delivery, a little more than H. Preston but at least they have them in stock (I need it delivered by next Friday at the latest).

Their website states that the manufacturer's warranty is for 2 years??? I thought that was only European Panasonic warranties (i.e. outside UK).

But then again.

Christ! I've spent the best part of a year choosing which plasma and home cinema to buy. Now I come to order and even that is a lengthy chore!

Will it never end?????

Might go back to 1985 and my black and white portable. Life was simple then...

7. ChrisHGT

ChrisHGT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I bought my latest Plasma on my Nationwide Building Society Credit Card. They give a free extended warranty when the manufacturers finishes for repair or replacement for a further 12 months free of charge covering breakdown / faults etc.......

have a look here:

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/creditcard/classiccard