Insurgency: Sandstorm

Xbox is downloading a 3.2GB update, wonder what this will bring.

Still loving this, such a breath of fresh air after the disappointment of BF2042 and the WWII reskin of Cod. Hope the devs continue to support the game with new maps, modes and features.

Still loving this, such a breath of fresh air after the disappointment of BF2042 and the WWII reskin of Cod. Hope the devs continue to support the game with new maps, modes and features.
Agreed this is a great game just cant tear myself away from halo at the minute.

I've been intrigued about this game for some time but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger and take a punt as I've not seen it cheaper than around £28 on PSN but then got alert off HotUKDeals that it was £12.99 in Argos for a physical copy, Xbox version is more expensive unfortunately. At that price it was rude not to take a risk after hearing some positive feedback about it being quite gritty and tactical.

I didn't get around to giving it a proper go until just now and jumped in a game mode where there was I think 6 of us performing objectives to capture points whilst fighting off waves of enemy bots. It can be quite punishing when you're outnumbered and very realistic in terms of you not being a bullet sponge.. So far I like what I'm seeing and ikt does that raw tactical feel about it like the old R6 games, defo worth the price I paid.

My son got this and Hell Let Loose with some gift cards he got for Christmas. We played this for a few hours last night in the coop v bots mode to get familiar with it. What a fantastic game. Always fancied it from the early vids and it’s even better than I’d hoped. The gameplay is brilliant, maps great and the audio is superb and really adds to the gameplay, atmosphere, tension etc…Great AI too so really good fun even offline, similar to Halo in that regard.

Can’t wait to get back into it later.

Last edited:
Coming to GamesPass on the 29th
Really should give it another go after the latest updates.
I dropped this for a long time and never really went back knowing MWII was coming. Only ever got as far as playing it with and against bots.
I too could do with giving it a revisit

I dropped this for a long time and never really went back knowing MWII was coming. Only ever got as far as playing it with and against bots.
I too could do with giving it a revisit
It's a great game, only issue I had with it was playing solo was no fun but then most that played it were on comms and knew what they were doing.

It's a great game, only issue I had with it was playing solo was no fun but then most that played it were on comms and knew what they were doing.
Here lieth my problem.. I can't play with comms because I only play of a night and my daughter's bedroom is next to my office where I play. Internal plasterboard walls in these modern houses are pathetic as a sound barrier. It's one of the reasons I only use the neckband speaker I mentioned in another thread. The 3D surround sound from it is loud cause its next to my ears but doesn't carry any further than the room. Me talking down a mic would deffo disturb her.

Here lieth my problem.. I can't play with comms because I only play of a night and my daughter's bedroom is next to my office where I play. Internal plasterboard walls in these modern houses are pathetic as a sound barrier. It's one of the reasons I only use the neckband speaker I mentioned in another thread. The 3D surround sound from it is loud cause its next to my ears but doesn't carry any further than the room. Me talking down a mic would deffo disturb her.

It can be played without comms as I normally play late at night and don't chat as I am in between my bedroom and my daughters and again the walls are rubbish.

You do have Proximity chat so that can be fun.

It is a decent MP but is hard to get into as you need to learn the maps and angles as can be one shot kill. Worth a go though as it's been added today.

might have to re-download and take a look. quite enjoyed it, for the few weeks i played it for last year, as a pop-corn shooter.

Loved this game, was a breath of fresh air on release compared to BF and Cod. Haven't played on Xbox for ages but still have this installed, will give this a blast at weekend.

Can't remember what it used to look like compared with how it is now but it looks fine now, certainly no complaints graphics-wise.

what is still undoubtedly poor is the audio - no footsteps or enemy ambience sounds. Add to that, that the A.I. can beam you at will including with molotovs from downtown can prove frustrating :laugh:but i still enjoy playing it! :smashin:

Can't remember what it used to look like compared with how it is now but it looks fine now, certainly no complaints graphics-wise.

what is still undoubtedly poor is the audio - no footsteps or enemy ambience sounds. Add to that, that the A.I. can beam you at will including with molotovs from downtown can prove frustrating :laugh:but i still enjoy playing it! :smashin:
Had a few games of this earlier, loved it. I find the enemy is either Johnny English or John Wick and I'm always Rambo, spraying and praying, hoping for the best.

Graphically I can't see any difference, game looks fine for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom